Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pondering People


Pondering people. Where do we get the feeling that people ponder? Or is it that when they sit still and seem to have a focused look on their face we try to get into the grooves of their minds but we can’t because we’re no mind readers. But a shadow of doubt remains. I find it fascinating that we resolve this conflict between reason and instinct through doubt. In that keen fixated look, you see a stubborn constancy, a cadenced pace that’s swirling in a blind pattern. It’s as if you’re trying to “see” sunlight through a blindfold. All the other senses point towards it except for the most conclusive: direct sight. And at this point we fail. We fail to see that there is more than one way of “seeing” things and we ignore our other capabilities. And I’m not sure if this is a mere infirmity of the mind or of the culture we grew up. We fail to listen to the voice that comes from within, that speaks truths I do not daresay. But I resolve to go on my blindfold, search with all my senses for that elusive truth I cannot see with my bare eyes. Or maybe it’s my bare eyes that might get hurt.  


1 comment: