Sunday, April 15, 2012

A World of Mine

http://www.rszyszka.com/InnerSelf.jpg
The diversity floating around me. In language, culture, behavior and skin tones. The amazing culture diversity that blends in the background of the same room. People start talking, glasses clinking and under the umbrella of the English language they all make a commonly understandable wish.

The amazing getting-out of their own worlds and the inclusion in the new, mixed world. More than a wow moment. It's a regular scene, but if you decide your look will be just "regular" upon it, then you might be missing out on the miracle of the moment. I see it all, I feel it all. It's in the air, everywhere I look around. An identity of its own, that sheds the cultural barriers and lets everyone join in.

It's Easter dinner and English, Americans, French and Romanian are gathered under the same roof. Good food, tasty wine and a sense of common sense. Lively conversation begins and a Romanian, a French woman and an English guy join in. I listen to their words flying to and fro, filling the air. But it's more than just words uttered in English. It's a whole universe, because behind every produced sentence I can sense the native subtext. It's the expression of one's culture, of one's way of saying things. And a series of  untold stories that I am aware of and that touch me to the core of my being. 

Forgive my intrusion into the discourse of these kindhearted people but I'm fascinated with language and the expression of it. And I feel that each and every single word is a universe, and they've already said before me. I'm just a humble observer of that universe. Oh, but the beauty of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment