Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Endurance


Today’s reflection pretty much wraps around what’s “real”, “truthful” or any other adjective gravitating around the same area. I think I’m starting to dimly see an answer shaping on the horizon of my tired mind. Endurance. Such a simple answer to a riveting question yet it encapsulates an elusive essence: the slippery slope of “reality”; my own experience has just proven what logos have been shouting out loud on ignorable banners: see it in the test of time. I see myself in a terrible race trying to stand the test of time in every instance of the fleeting day. I sometimes struggle to wake up, but I do, so I’m enduring. I struggle getting on the bus on a cold morning, but I do, so I’m enduring. I struggle going to school every day, but I do, so I’m enduring. I struggle to hold my breath every time the sun comes up, but I do, so I’m enduring. I struggle to harness my heart but I don’t cut loose unwanted feelings, so I’m enduring; up until the moment I’ll stop swimming against the tide that I fight so fiercely every day and my endurance will come to a halt. I’m human and I don’t endure in endurance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment