Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hard to Spell it Out

I haven't been on here for a long time and I needed a fresh of breath air and so did my blog. I was waiting in line one day at the grocery when I suddenly realized: you're really free when you release yourself from the burden of expectation. Whether we like it or not, we do let ourselves be eaten up by unrealistic expectations, tight deadlines or other imagined or real boundaries. Oh, if we could only let go for an instant?Is it that hard to do it?Not if you think about it and put it right there in front of you - the monster seems less scary and you finally realize what you're confronting with. Now, I'm not going to plead for carelessness and irresponsibility but just that from once in a while everyone dare take a look at yourselves and point out that your holding on to waaaay too much pressure, which most of the times comes from within. So what if you fail?So what if you fall?So what if you get your heart broken?So what if your plans don't see the next day? I'd say let go of that expectation at least once in a while and accept the unacceptable. Yes, I hate myself for doing it and I do it quite a lot but this is where I am right now. Oh, and all the subsequent negative energy...well, all I'm doing is to put down in front of me firstly, and then in front of you. A shameful nakedness of the soul. But I no longer get embarrassed because for a fraction of the second I took an honest look at myself and released myself from the burden of not watching myself. Your order is ready: a tiny bit of myself served on a silver or less silvery platter. Oh, well!



No comments:

Post a Comment